So you've got your Drupal site in place and now you'll need to run through the installation process. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Select an installation profile: Select ‘Pantheon’ (it’s the only option) and click ‘Save and continue’
- Choose language: ‘English’ will already be selected, just click ‘Save and continue’
- Now the automatic installer will run, watch it build your new site, automatically!
Now the second part of the installer is to configure your site:
- Site information
- Site name: This will be the name of your website, type in something like “My blog website” or “Anna’s Blog”
- Site e-mail address: Drupal can send emails automatically if you set it up to, this will be the email address those emails will appear to come from.
- Site maintenance account (This is a special user account used as the
‘master login’ to your website)
- Username: Use your own name or ‘admin’
- Password: Use a secure password (be sure to write it down somewhere safe!)
- Server settings
- Default country: Select your home country (United Kingdom?)
- Default time zone: For GMT select ‘Europe/London’
- Update notifications Like other software and apps, Drupal can be updated to keep it secure and to add new features. If you want to be notified when you can do this, keep these two boxes checked.
Now click the ‘Save and continue’ button, and you should see a link to ‘Visit your new site’ click the link and check out your new site!
As you’ve built your website in the cloud, the URL you see in the browser window is publicly accessible, so you can go ahead and share it with your friends.